Children’s Day Treatment Program Director
Are you passionate about creating opportunities for people to thrive?
Catholic Charities is the place for you!
Catholic Charities’ Children’s Day Treatment Program
*** $2,500 Hiring Bonus ***
The mission of Catholic Charities is to serve those most in need and to advocate for justice in the community.
As the need for our services grows and becomes increasingly complex, Catholic Charities is working to adapt and respond. We respond in three ways – preventing poverty, meeting basic needs in times of crisis, and creating pathways out of poverty.
WAGE RANGE: $76,000-$90,000/annually
JOB SUMMARY: Catholic Charities is seeking a self-motivated leader who is compassionate, trauma-informed, and culturally aware to lead its Children’s Day Treatment Program. The Program Director is responsible for overall direction of the Day Treatment Program (a co-located partnership) in Minneapolis Public School’s Wilder Complex Building.
The Day Treatment Program serves children in kindergarten through 8th grade with a wide range of mental health issues including complex trauma, attachment insecurities, depression, anxiety, and ADHD.
The Program Director is responsible to teach, train, model and reinforce our models of care including Zones of Regulation, mind body practices, restorative practices and our trauma informed framework, ARC (Attachment, Self-Regulation, Competency). The Program Director is responsible for the supervision of clinicians, admission specialist and the day treatment leadership team.
The Program Director sets the tone of the program – a strength based, team-centered, collaborative approach where people are engaged and committed to kids and staff and where courageous conversations are expected. The Program Director participates in contract management activities, licensure requirements, responsible for budgeting and forecasting and maintaining a sustainable financial program. The Director works collaboratively with the Minneapolis Public School leaders as well as other external providers.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the program within the mission, vision, values, budget and strategic plan of the program and Catholic Charities.
- In conjunction with their supervisor, recommends and develops new services, sunsets existing services, and provides strategic review and modification of current services and programs to meet client and community needs and improve program outcomes.
- Proactively builds and maintains effective relationships with multiple funding sources, e.g., County Government, United Way, health plans, etc.
- Responsible for licensing regulations, addressing any correction orders in a timely manner and being a proactive partner with the licensing and regulatory bodies to anticipate issues and required changes.
- Responsible for effective supervision of program staff including hiring, training, coaching, and providing performance management duties. Communicates effectively with staff and promotes engagement. Conducts regular team and 1-1 meetings. Partners effectively with HR and other agency shared services.
- Keeps abreast of changes in the field and maintains professional knowledge and training to ensure program success.
- Participates in a wide variety of cross – agency meetings to increase the effectiveness and interaction between departments and programs.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring the relevance, accuracy and timeliness of client and appropriate business indicators and reporting for purposes of accountability for client and operational outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in social work or related field and licensed as a mental health professional in the State of Minnesota (LICSW, LP, LMFT, LPCC.)
- Previous supervisory experience in a clinical setting with youth and families preferred.
- Prefer experience in a milieu therapy setting.
- Experience with funding sources including grant writing on a local, state, and federal level.
- Ability to work with those who may be experiencing homelessness, unstable housing, mental illness or low-income populations or of different cultures.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Regular; Full-time; Salary; Exempt
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer.