Position: Senior’s Program Driver/Program Assistant
Program: Native Elders Support Team (NEST)
Hours: 32 hours/weekly; approx. 9:30am – 4pm M-F
Deadline: January 15, 2024
As a member of the Minneapolis American Indian Center’s Native Elder Support Team, the Driver/Program Assistant is part of a team that works to reduce isolation and improve access to community life for American Indian elders. The Driver provides transportation services to American Indian seniors for purposes of accessing food, medical, social and cultural resources, and provides support to the elders in the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transport clients to and from their destinations consistent with the purposes of the MAIC NEST Program (Grocery shopping, medical & social service appointments, and Congregate Dining, etc.,).
- Assist in the planning & scheduling of social and cultural activities, transports to special events.
- Work with Program Director to ensure elder clients are current in enrollment to program, including NAPIS forms, registration forms, evaluation forms etc.
- Enter data on clients, rides, etc. into computer database
- Maintain case notes/updates on elders enrolled in program on needs/issues, communicate with program staff to ensure elders are helped to access needed services or resources.
- Assist Program Director with group activities for elders, as needed.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date records of clients served and accurate van mileage record, and submit a monthly report to the Program Director on a timely basis.
- Must check the vehicle daily to ensure it is in proper working condition; maintain and carry-out maintenance schedule; keep interior and exterior of vehicle clean; and report any major repairs to the Program Director and Executive Director.
- Must report all accidents and vehicle damage to the Program Director and Executive Director.
- Driver must ensure that the vehicle will not exceed the capacity it is designed for.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director and Executive Director.
- High School or GED equivalence.
- Valid MN Drivers License; Driving record must meet insurance requirements
- Previous experience in driving a 16+ passenger vehicle.
- Must be familiar with the urban American Indian community and its members.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new skills quickly, good organizational skills.
- Must possess good health status, free from physical limitations, ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
To apply, email a Cover Letter and Resume to Colette Lawrence, FAN/NEST Program Director email@example.com